Sunday, November 1, 2009

Progress Report

Howdy all!

I got to help out our Literature Coordinator yesterday with separating the two congregation's orders.  I didn't realize how much of a headache it was, even LRO didn't help much.  If we had been using the Request Month feature, it would have helped a little, but it needs work.  The Report for the Request Month has all the orders separate: with each publisher's name.  It would be more useful to combine the similar orders, like the "Items to Order for all Congregations" report.

So I have some work to do on the Request Month feature, and want to have this on the next release.  Changes that I have in mind are:

  • Request month is on by default.  Really, I think all congregations would want to use this feature.
  • Request month should be a system-wide setting, not per-cong.
  • The current Request month should be able to be set under Settings.  That way if LRO is used directly at a Hall (like in our case), it will not be a burden to the users to remember what Request Month we are on.  They will not have to select it.
  • Request month report needs to combine similar orders, per congregation.
  • Request month needs to "recognize" the year.  Currently it does not.

I want to work on these features before releasing the next version.  I feel this is important to take care of sooner than later. I hope to have it by next weekend, pending no issues or personal requests for computer repairs.  It seems when computers break, they all break at the same time.  On the bright side, I get a little more spending money.  ;-)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment