Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I'm still working on the next update. The biggest change is the addition of the mock S-28 form. This addition has taken MUCH longer than I expected, but in the end, it should be well worth it. You will be able to track your inventory items on LRO...and then print out a completely filled out S-28 form. Wouldn't that be sweet? :-)
Here's how it's looking so far. I've added a new button on the Inventory Management screen:
That new button takes you to the S-28 builder, where I have already built the S-28 for you. However you can use this screen to adjust the S-28 form when an update is needed (and I haven't gotten to it yet) or if your country's S-28 looks different. It's fully customizable!
Because the S-28 form has some "oddball" numbers, ones that combine S-14 items, each S-28 field will need S-14 items linked to it. So then you click on the Link Items button and link the S-14 items to the S-28 field. As many as you need!
Then, finally, the S-28 form will be designed and ready to go. Here's what I have so far (and there's MUCH work to be done on the report!!).
Yes, I still have MUCH work to do on the report. I'm confident I can get it looking 90% like the S-28 form. And then of course cleanup the new screens, steamline the process, error checking, and all that good stuff.
It will definately be nice when it is done! Stay tuned!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
I know it's been a while since the last LRO update. The reason why is because I've been researching cars, test driving, and finally yesterday made a purchase! So for the past couple weeks, my mind has been preoccupied with cars, cars, and more cars. I couldn't focus on programming, among other things, and so I couldn't work on an update.
Now that that's behind me, I can continue my work on LRO, and will hopefully have an update by next weekend.
PS - Why not take a few minutes to sign up in the Support Forum and leave some feedback on LRO. Got a suggestion? Found a bug? Or simply like the program? I'd love to hear from ya!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Due to the large increase of new LRO users, I decided to bite the bullet and pay $5/month for a nice forum with no ads. It is my hope that it will prove useful in teaching new users how to use LRO and also discuss new ideas or ways of doing things.
However...I will not pay for a "dead" forum. So let's see some activity!!! Sign up today and leave some feedback, ask questions, or make suggestions. Please...I'd love to hear from LRO's users! :-)
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Sorry for the delay in getting the Quick-Start user guide finished. Had to iron out a few details. Note that the Navigation Menu on the right has been divided into two sections: Downloads and Other Resources. I felt it was necessary to split up the Navigation Menu like that. As LRO & its resources grow, this organization will become more useful. :-)
To download the User Guide, click on the link entitled "LRO Quick-Start Guide"
Even if you've explored LRO already, you might still benefit from the instructions in here. Especially if you have problems with Access giving you security warnings, there are detailed instructions on how to fix Access's security settings to work with LRO. A more detailed user guide will come later.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Changes to Literature Room Organizer include:
- New Feature: The ability to move a publisher and all their CURRENT orders to another congregation.
- Added: Delete button on Publisher Search screen.
- Added: A Reset button on the Order Form screen.
- Added: The ability to view completed orders via the "View All Orders" screen.
- Renamed: "View All Active Orders" to "View All Orders" due to the change above.
- Renamed: "Order Form" to "Order Form & Mgmt". Makes more sense, because you manage your orders on that screen as well.
- Fixed: Tab order settings on the Settings screen.
- Fixed: Updated Help on Settings & Publisher search screen.
- Fixed: When placing an order, the value in the Quantity field is checked when clicking the "Place Order" button instead of immediately when leaving the field. This caused some confusion.
- Fixed: All reports with congregation names use concatenation instead of 2 separate labels, this will eliminate any "floating" effect with the congregation names on reports.
- Changed: History report titles...made them slightly smaller to fit longer named congregations.
- Changed: Speed of "Order Placed Successfully" notification. Stays solid .5 seconds longer, but fades away 2x faster.
Our Circuit Assembly was this weekend, and since we drove back and forth (a 1.75 hour trip one direction), I brought my Asus EEE netbook with me and worked on LRO in the car. And so, I was able to get this release ready.
I'm still working on the User Guide. It's about 50% done. Perhaps I will have it by tomorrow evening. No promises though. And I also plan to add screenshots of LRO here for those who want to see it before even downloading it.
Last but not least...Inventory Management is going to get a face-lift. I have an excellent idea for how to re-design it that will make converting it to a mock S-28 form much easier. I'm fairly confident I can preserve any existing Inventory data with this face-lift, but no promises in this regard. I will warn all of you if I am unable to do this. If I can successfully accomplish this face-lift, I will make the Inventory Management display at all time (no more on/off setting) because it will then be everything it needs to be to accomplish its purpose.