Translate

Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Poll - Change the Suggested Stock Orders algorithm

Howdy all!

I don't know about you, but when using the Suggested Stock Item Orders report (in the Inventory Management system), I find myself setting the Sensitivity to "High" all the time. I rather see the alert too soon than not soon enough. In fact, the S-28 form recommends you stock up for a 3-month supply...which the "High" sensitivity basically shows you what you will run out of in 3 months.

Personally, I want to bump up the algorithm. Right now, it is:
  • Low - 1 month
  • Normal - 2 months
  • High - 3 months

I would like to make it:

  • Low - 2 months
  • Normal - 3 months
  • High - 4 months

I would NOT change the Standard Deviation calculation...it seems fine for now. But I think this change would be beneficial.

What do you think? Please vote in the poll.  This poll is now closed.

PS - ETA of 1.3.5 is unknown at this time. I had a Bible Highlights part Tuesday, and I have 4 more parts over the next 2 months. So I've been quite busy. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment