Changes to Literature Room Organizer include:
- Added: On Inventory Management screen, the Inventory Month is now a dropdown so you can easily jump to a particular month/year.
- Added: On S-28 Builder screen when Linking Items, the fields "Item Name" and "Type of Item" have been added to assist you.
- Changed: Modified Mock S-28 form to have a little more space due to becoming 3 pages with the recent S-28 updates.
- Changed: When trying to open the Mock S-28 report, the warning message about "items not linked" is now limited to the range of dates you selected.
- Changed: S-28 File Exports are now capable of being imported. So if you make custom changes to the S-28 form, you can export the files with your changes and keep them somewhere safe as a backup. Originally, the Export option was going to just be for you to send your changes to me so I can make adjustments to the S-28 for other languages. But now the Export system can serve as your own backup if you made changes, and it can be easily imported by putting the files in the same directory as LRO, disconnecting from the internet, and then clicking "Download S-28 Updates". NOTE: The files will be DELETED after importing.
- Changed: On Inventory Management screen, the "Item Name" combo box now has its items sorted by "Name" first instead of "Item Type".
- Changed: On S-28 Builder screen, when pressing Enter on the "Sort Order" field, the focus will move downward instead of to the right.
- Changed: On S-28 builder screen, when there is a Sort Order conflict, the item will be INSERTED at that conflicting number rather than SWAPPING with the item that was conflicting.
- Fixed: When doing a "Restore" of a LRO backup file, LRO will make sure the backup location is in the trusted zone so you don't get 15 or more "warning" messages (Access 2007 & 2010 ONLY. It is not necessary with previous versions).
- Fixed: On S-28 Builder screen, minor cosmetic issue.
- Fixed: On S-28 Builder screen, no more error when clicking "Link Items" for a brand new entry.
- Fixed: On S-28 Builder screen, I now force a screen refresh after linking an item.
- Bug Fix: When changing Congregation name or Publisher name, an error about Annual Item's table occurs (under certain conditions).
- Updated English & Spanish S-28 form.
Howdy all! After using LRO to update the S-28 form with the most recent changes, I decided the S-28 Form Builder needed some changes. Now things will be easier for you, the user, to make any custom changes you need. Or if your region uses a different S-28 form (I'm thinking of my UK brothers), then you will definitely need to do some customizing. So these updates should help you out. ;-)
Now...back to focusing on new translations. It seems LRO's next language will be Polish!! At the moment, there is only ONE brother who is working on the translation. As you can imagine, this is a HUGE task for him. If there is anyone out there who speaks Polish natively, and can translate from English to Polish, then please make it a matter of prayer and see if you can fit it in your schedule to help this brother with the translation work. You must also meet these requirements:
- Must have Microsoft Excel (or be capable of editing spreadsheets)
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must appreciate accuracy AND consistency
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have lots of patience!! ;-)
If you meet the above requirements, speak Polish natively & can translate, but prefer to wait until AFTER April, then that is perfectly fine. I know April is going to be a busy month for all of us...myself included. And we must make sure to put the more important things first (Philippians 1:10). But you can still e-mail me now and I can have you lined up for work when things calm down.