Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

S28 Files for update

Howdy all!

I apologize for being almost a month late for an update.  Suffice it to say, the days leading up to my wife's surgery and the surgery itself took more out of me than I expected.  There even was a minor complication that caused us to stay 4 more days in Houston than we intended, but I am happy to say that everything is going well so far.

My wife's surgery was a success, and she was quickly feeling better than before surgery.  She still has to take things easy for another 3 weeks...which of course means I've got more on my plate than usual as I have to help her around the house.  But we are very happy with the results we're seeing already, despite the 20% chance her condition could return.  So, we still appreciate prayers that she continues to recover and things go in our favor.

She has a separate, unfortunately unrelated, condition that we are still working on by changing her diet and severely restricting it.  We were hoping these 2 conditions were connected, so they'd both be fixed at the same time.  But it looks like we still have a little work to do.  Once again, still happy with the results we're already experiencing.  :-)


Now for LRO...

As far as updating LRO goes, regarding getting updates automatically, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.  I could NOT fix my old computer, and so I had to buy a new one.  I am considering subscribing to Microsoft Office so I can work on LRO again, but at this time, I don't have time anyways to work on it.  Not to mention, I really don't want to spend even more money at this time...

So...here's what I did for our own congregation.  I was able to adjust our S-28 form to meet the current updated form.  Now...I didn't have time to be meticulous and update it to my satisfaction (in other words...perfect), but it was updated close enough.  The only possible (and I stress possible) issue with the update would be with "other year" Bound volumes, Yearbooks, stuff like that, being counted in the wrong place.  Every other book, brochure, tract, should be fine.


Here's how you can get the update

Download the 3 files from the following link (after going to the link, RIGHT-click and click "Download" for each file):

https://app.box.com/s/535h1quupggkyzfnf9h2xxl84cgvjx0j

Please DO NOT change anything in the files.  If you change anything in the files, I cannot guarantee the update will work right.  Please download all 3 files to the location where LRO is installed on your computer.

NOTE: The actual LRO file is not on your desktop, that's just a shortcut.  You can right-click on the shortcut, and then click on "Properties"



Now click on "Open File Location" (or whatever your flavor of Windows says).



Drop all 3 of the files you downloaded into the LRO folder.  Just like this:



Once the files are there, you can open LRO and navigate to the Inventory Management screen.  From there, click on "Build Mock S-28 Form".



And then at the bottom, click on "Download S-28 Updates".



After answering the prompts, your S-28 form should now be updated.


If there are any issues or questions, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment