Translate

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Literature update for Russian users, new Upcoming Offers, and a new poll

Howdy all!

Russian users have quite the update! 325 items have been renamed to match what is on the jw.org website. And there are 2 new items for them as well. If any of my Russian users want to see the details, you can download the files here:

The upcoming offers for June are now available for all users to download. They are as follows:

  • (Primary) What does the Bible Really Teach?
  • (Secondary) Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life
  • (Secondary) Worship the Only True God.

Finally, I have a new poll for everyone. I have noticed that the suggested stock item orders are NOT accurate for the hardcover Bibles. That is because we didn't start stocking the hardcover Bibles until just recently. Due to the very low movement from the months before this change, the threshold for the hardcover Bibles is very low. To remedy that problem, I believe I should limit the suggestions based on only the past 9 months of data. I think it is enough data for accurate predictions, and yet not too much that it would be influenced by those that used to barely move or move a lot. So the question is...

For the Suggested Stock Item Orders, should the suggestions be based on... This poll is now closed.

  • ALL historical data (this is how it currently is)
  • Just the past 9 months
  • Just the past 1 year
  • ALL, but with a weighted average for the last year

Using a weighted average is another idea, though I'm not sure if that would be any better. I give it as an option to you since I like choices. Though this method might increase the processing time required to make the suggestions...not much though. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment