Translate

Monday, January 17, 2011

Help Wanted - Writers, Proofreaders, and Translators

Howdy all!

As you may or may not know, I am busier nowadays than I used to be. Not only that, but I think I'm overdue for a break...a nice long one. In addition, I have a goal of giving my first public talk soon, and also I have 2 Bible Studies I am trying to conduct. Which in order to do so successfully, I need to take time to properly prepare before I go visit them. So...that means I need some time. ;-)

Which is why I'm appealing to you and looking for the following volunteers:

1 Brother who will write the new FULL manual on using LRO.

Requirements:

  • Must speak English natively.
  • Must have Microsoft Word and know how to use it adequately. You might receive a little training as needed...
  • Must be able to follow instructions.
  • Must be familiar and comfortable with using LRO, and have been using it for at least a month.
  • Must be detail-oriented.
  • Must appreciate accuracy
  • Must be good and CONSISTENT at making important things Stand Out in Different Ways.
  • Must know how to take screenshots and effectively utilize them.

This brother would be provided an outline of what will be required to be written. You will also be tested before hand, to see if your style of documentation writing meets my requirements.

Take note of how I did my documentation by looking at my Quick-start User Guide. If you think you can write directions very similar to that, then you'll do fine. :-)


4 Brothers who will proofread the new manual

Requirements:

  • Must speak English natively.
  • Must have Microsoft Word.
  • Must have time to read the manual THOROUGHLY to proofread it.
  • Must appreciate accuracy

1 brother will proofread grammar. 1 brother will proofread the consistency of instructions and how certain things stand out. The 3rd and 4th brothers will proofread for understandability. One of them should be Tech savvy, the other should not be "not-so-savvy" with computers. ;-)


4 Brothers who will assist with Translation work

Requirements:

  • Must speak English natively.
  • Must have Microsoft Excel.
  • Must be detail-oriented.
  • Must have good organizational skills.
  • Must appreciate accuracy.
  • Must be good communicators (as you will work with the Translators directly).

These brothers will basically proofread the translations. When they receive the translated text, they will take the text and run it through Google's translation system, to ensure that it is the correct translation and makes sense. It will also help to catch spelling issues.


2 Brothers to translate LRO into Italian

Requirements:

  • Must speak Italian natively.
  • Must have Microsoft Excel.
  • Must be familiar with LRO, or at least capable of running it to see how the text will be used.
  • Must be detail-oriented.
  • Must appreciate accuracy AND consistency.
  • Must have good organizational skills
  • Must be fairly fluent in English, and be capable of communicating with someone who ONLY speaks English.

I already have 2 brothers who can handle this translation, now I am looking for 2 more. The more hands, the lighter the load. :-)


When taking my request into consideration, please know that these responsibilities will take time. However, there is NO deadline for getting any of these done. But I am hoping that the FULL manual will be done by June, and the Translation to Italian I hope to see by April.

It is my hope that those who volunteer will work in their spare time and will NOT neglect their family or spiritual responsibilities. If anyone wishes to apply to help out with any of the above requests, please send me an email at: literatureroomorganizer@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment