Translate

Friday, September 10, 2010

New EULA (End User License Agreement)

Howdy all!

With the new release of 1.3.1 (hopefully this Sunday), LRO will fall under a new EULA. The previous one was a generic EULA from Microsoft. This new EULA covers more, and more accurately describes my position & feelings regarding my product.

You can read the entire EULA here, or it can be found in the link in the navigation menu to the right.

To summarize:
  • LRO is 100% free and shall always remain so.
  • You are free to copy & distribute LRO, but only in its original form
  • LRO shall never be reverse-engineered, unless explicit written consent is given by me.
  • Parts of LRO's code shall never be distributed, unless explicit written consent is given by me.
  • I offer no guarantees and am not liable for any damages caused by LRO. It is provided "as is". NOTE: This is just a "safety" for me. I will always do thorough testing before releasing an update for LRO. :-)

It's always better to err on the side of caution, hence the stronger wording & restrictions of the new EULA. If there are any questions about this change, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment