Translate

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Poll - behavior of ENTER on Inventory Management

Howdy all!

Thanks for your responses to my last poll. Looks like it is unanimous that the S-28 form should have "0" quantities be blank on the report. I can easily make this adjustment to the report for 1.2.9, though I might have to leave the "0s" in the actual Inventory Management system. I'll investigate if I can change this for 1.3.0.

Next poll is regarding Inventory Management again...

When entering the quantities for an existing item (Received & Stock EOM quantities only) and you press ENTER on your keyboard, do you want the system to...

- Move RIGHT to the next field (this is what it is doing currently)
- Move DOWN to the next item

I think that moving DOWN would be better because you will be entering all of the "Stock EOM" values at once, and so by pressing Enter, you would go DOWN the list to each item. Thus eliminating the need to click on the next one. New items would still move to the RIGHT when you press enter.

Then again...maybe you collect all the values over time, and then enter them ALL in at once. Then maybe you'd like it like it is now...

Let me hear your thoughts! Please vote. :-)

Thanks!

PS - the release of 1.2.9 is on time for this Saturday afternoon, pending no major issues during testing of course.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment