Translate

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Removing advertisements and block junk

Howdy everyone!

As I said, the next LRO update will be a bit delayed because I have a talk to work on for this Tuesday. However, I think it would be a good idea to post an article regarding internet filtering...

My support forum is a FREE forum.  I didn't even realize it displayed advertisements until I saw it on another computer.  That's because I have a filter on my computer.

Bluecoat offers a FREE (for home users) filtering program that works beautifully!  You can configure it to filter all sorts of categories, including Web Advertisements. If you are a parent, you may especially appreciate this tool for your kids' computer.  It even allows TIME restrictions...to help make sure they get to bed when they're suppose to. ;-)

Check out the website here: http://www1.k9webprotection.com

Even if you don't have kids, it can be used to protect you by blocking malicious websites, removing advertisements, or just plain junk sites. It really is a well-designed program, and easy to use. Take some time to read their site, they'll tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment